You can submit your abstract through the online abstract submission system below.
Abstracts should focus on, and indicate one of the Conference topics:
- Artistic expressions in Igbo ceremonies and rituals: the case of birth, marriage and death
- Historical and political dimensions of narrative: language, literature and folklore
- Science and technology and their intersection with of the arts
- Igbo spirituality, beliefs and practices
- Igbo secret societies and the material culture
- Traditional rulers and their court: Politics, Justice and Creativity
- Masks, masquerades and their socio-political relevance
- Political and spiritual expressions in Igbo music and visual arts
- Expressions of Igbo selfhood through the arts
- The role of the arts in the Igbo family, clan and community
- Igbo architecture: house and home
- The relevance of the ‘dibia’ in the Igbo community
- Indigenous feminisms and views on gender: Women as political and creative agents
- Law, justice and jurisprudence in Igbo traditions
- The Ozo and Odu titles and their regalia
- Nnamdi Azikiwe: Politician and Poet
The deadline for abstract submission is Monday December 31, 2018. Abstracts received after that date will not be evaluated.
- Abstract text is limited to 250 words.
- Abstracts should be written in English.
- Abstracts should be prepared in Microsoft Word (Font style: Calibri; Type size: 10 pt; Single spaced).
- The Abstract title, names of Authors with respective degree(s), affiliation and email addresses must be stated exactly as you wish them to appear in the program. Indicate with an asterisk (*) who will be presenting.
- The name and the email address of the Submitting author should be provided. Note that only the email address of the submitting author will be used for all communications regarding the abstract submission.
- Abstracts should contain three Keywords.
- Figures, tables and illustrations may not be included in the abstract.
- Submitters are responsible for all typing errors on the abstract.
You will be required to register for the online abstract submission system below, if you haven’t already done so